Any help I can get basically...
Here's the status of work at this time:
- There's a version 44g on the Template Library which is 'current release'.
- There's a version 449_JC on the Template Library which contains some changes to be transferred into 44g (or rather 44h), and some that are not
acceptable and will not be transferred
- There's a list of open issues in the issue tracking system on the the Gentle.NET web site
- the user manual on the Gentle.NET web site needs updating, as well as the changelog document (OpenOffice source, not in subversion yet)
- In the Subversion archive of Gentle.NET there's a revision 608 of the template that was supposed to superseed version 44..., but I haven't had time to finish it in the past three months
- I have a number of outstanding requests for mySQL related fixes that need to be integrated
- I need people that can test the template on various databases (I only have MSDE/SQLServer 2000, mySQL 4.0 and PostgreSQL installed, and I don't have time and space to install and test all others)
Apart from this, I am thinking about the following future options:
- Splitting the template in a generic 'library' and an 'executable script', allowing reuse of some of the code in other template scripts
- Adding creation of BusinessEntityFactory class for each BusinessEntity
- Adding templates for UI creation, that use BusinessEntity and BusinessEntityFactory outputs as lower level code
Let me know where you would be able to help out...
Vision without action is a daydream, action without vision is a nightmare...