Random error SelectCommand.Connection property has not been

All your dOOdad needs ...

Random error SelectCommand.Connection property has not been

Postby mhensen on Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:34 pm

I get random errors in an application written with doodads.

SelectCommand.Connection property has not been initialized
or
Not finding a column after filling and trying to sort.

Error:
Exception Details: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Cannot find column CUSTOMER_VEHICLEID.

stack..
System.Data.DataTable.ParseSortString(String sortString) +602
System.Data.DataView.CheckSort(String sort) +22
System.Data.DataView.set_Sort(String value) +118
WebVize.DAL.BusinessEntity.set_Sort(String value)
management.Controls.TestdrivemanagerControl.FillData(Int32 TestDriveID)
management.Controls.TestdrivemanagerControl.DataGrid1_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e) +108

Refresh and it is all ok..
for a few times and then again the same error..

Anyone has an idea where to search for the problem..
Is there any caching involved??

This is a major problem

Kind regards,

Michael
mhensen
Lurker

Postby mike.griffin on Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:33 pm

I had this problem reported once and it was that the user was loading the same dOOdad multiple times, dOOdads are meant to be loaded once and then thrown away, could this be it?
mike.griffin
Site Admin

Postby mhensen on Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:00 pm

Is there any way I can get the counters or explicitly reset the object on creation. This because the application is to extensive to find it.. I just tried to find it but right now I can not find it ..
Also on the development machine I can do what I want without any problems so it is not replicatable on the development machine.. Just on the live server..

Can I call Flushdata on every creation of the business entity? just to make sure it all is nulled out and like a new object
mhensen
Lurker

Postby mike.griffin on Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:10 pm

Are you running 1.1 or .NET 2.0 ?
mike.griffin
Site Admin

Postby mhensen on Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:38 am

I am running both.. but the error occurs in the 1.1 build environment.. the dooddads are build on the 1.1 framework also
mhensen
Lurker

Postby thavelick on Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:57 pm

I am having this problem as well. The guy in this blog post: http://www.jaxidian.org/update/2007/04/06/7/ says the problem is a bug in ADO.Net, and he was able to fix it with the MyGenration team's help by,

\"... keep[ing] an external reference to the connection that is outside the transaction object. So in our case, with the help of the MyGenerations developers, we modified the MyGenerations code to do this and our problem is gone, at last! So expect an update to their software very soon to work around this .NET bug. And if you hit this problem with your own code, now you know how to fix it.\"

Looking at MyGeneration's release dates, and the fact that I have the latest version, I don't think this fix was ever applied.

What should I change in MyGeneration specifically? I know I need to create a refrence to the connection object, but I'm not sure where the best place to do that is.
thavelick
Lurker

Return to dOOdads - MyGeneration's .NET Architecture