Interface Coding VB Script

Any template questions or comments or suggestions

Interface Coding VB Script

Postby subscriber on Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:02 am

I am coding the interface using Vb Sccript - I want to add free tables to the list using an array of the file names, but when I try to use

lstTables.Items.Add(MyArray) it throws an exception that the command is not valid,
if I use lstTables.Items myArray I get object expected..

Can someone give me a clue in...how do I do it..??
subscriber
Lurker

Postby dnparsons on Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:46 pm

According to \"Zeus Script API\" under the MyGeneration help menu, it looks like \"Items\" is read-only, under the GuiListBox class. If, in that reference, you expand Zeus.UserInterface and click on \"GuiListBox Class\", you will see some C# examples that may lead you in the right direction. There is one using \"BindData\", and, near the bottom, it shows how to add each Item individually, you could loop through your Array and do that.
David Neal Parsons
EntitySpaces
dnparsons
Lieutenant General

Thanks

Postby subscriber on Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:38 am

Thank you
I was looking in the Vb Script - searching the web - did not knwo I needed to look in zeus for it..

I ended up looping through the array and adding that way - the example shows BindData(arraylist) but my array for some reason cannot be declared arraylist (I am using Vb Script)

Is Zeus the only way I can code the Interface - can it be pure .NET
subscriber
Lurker

Postby dnparsons on Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:26 pm

If you go to the Template Library and scroll to the bottom, you'll find some articles written by users and others written by the core team. I think this one should interest you.

http://www.mygenerationsoftware.com/Tem ... 8391bca254
David Neal Parsons
EntitySpaces
dnparsons
Lieutenant General

Return to General Template Questions/Comments