Pervasive SQL Support

Is there a feature you'd like us to add? Post it here.

Postby mike.griffin on Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:56 pm

John, two questions:

We are interested in adding PervasiveSQL support to MyGeneration for our next maintenance release, are you still willing to help out by providing us access?

We are looking for someone to write the EntitySpaces PervasiveSQL Provider code (simple really) would you be interested? Take a look at http://www.entityspaces.net
mike.griffin
Site Admin

Postby John on Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:06 pm

Yes to both questions. Right now I'm planing on finally taking some vacation so I'm going to be gone the next two weeks (11-22). But if your still intrested I would be more than happy to help out. Just let me know.
John
Staff Sergent

Postby mike.griffin on Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:17 pm

John, I just cancelled your vacation :roll:

Yes, we want to do this, is there any chance we can have access to a dummy harmless database while your on vacation? If not I understand, it's a big deal granting somebody access, if not \"ping\" me back on this thread when you get back on vacation and we'll get Pervasive into the next release.
mike.griffin
Site Admin

Postby John on Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:59 pm

Your so funny....I've been doing that to much which is why I'm taking 2 weeks off...

Any way I can get a IP from you that you will be connecting from? If not I can open just that port to the public but would really rather not.
John
Staff Sergent

Postby mike.griffin on Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:35 pm

John, Welcome back, download the new build and try our Pervasive support. Also, I'm hoping you volunteer to write the PervasiveProvider code for EntitySpaces too :wink: :wink:
mike.griffin
Site Admin

Postby mike.griffin on Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:20 pm

John, are you still around? Have you tried the Pervasive support and are you interested in doing the Pervasive EntitySpaces Provider?
mike.griffin
Site Admin

Postby John on Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:36 pm

Well I think I'll be around now...lol I actually had to leave to Texas for a bit. I'm going to try out the Pervasive support this week. Yes I'm still intrested in the EntitySpaces Provider. I did try to get the TortoiseSVN installed but when I did I didn't have anything new to my right click....So I'll have to figure that out.
John
Staff Sergent

Postby John on Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:13 pm

mike, finall doing some work and I seam to be missing something. Im making some mods for the script to work with the pervasive but I get the following problem. Data types are \"Unknown\". Can you tall me what I'm doing wrong? The following is a varchar(9) in the database, it looks like it have the correct length but the \"Unknown\" is wrong.

Code: Select all
Public Shared ReadOnly Property BankRoutNumber As PsqlParameter
    Get
   Return New PsqlParameter(\":BankRoutNumber\", Unknown, 9)
   End Get
End Property
John
Staff Sergent

Postby mike.griffin on Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:26 pm

Make sure you have your Language and DbTargets set correctly in the MyGeneration Default Settings dialog. After that, if it is still not mapping correctly use the MyMeta explore window to drill down to that column, then tell me what the \"DataTypeName\" says for that column.
mike.griffin
Site Admin

Postby John on Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:30 pm

Ok, Default settings has: Lan = VB.Net, DBTarget = PsqlDBType.

Drill to the col prop and both LanguageType, DbTargetType say Unknown.
John
Staff Sergent

Postby mike.griffin on Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:18 pm

Yes, but what does it say for the DataTypeName, find out what that is and you can enter the mapping right in the Language and DbTargets dockable windows, unless none of the mappings are working for your entire database
mike.griffin
Site Admin

Postby John on Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:34 pm

Sorry. The \"DataTypeName\" is blank.
John
Staff Sergent

Postby John on Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:48 pm

You know, after looking at thoes fields, \"DataTypeName\", \"DataTypeNameComplete\", \"LanguageType\" and \"DbTargetType\" some of them are working but they are not correct. Looking at one table I have the following:

Field DataTypeName PervasiveType
AcctNum (blank) varchar(20)
PayeeId SMALLINT smallint
PersonID INTEGER integer
Date INTEGER varchar(11)
EffectiveDate INTEGER varchar(11)

The rest of the table's have the same type's of problems.
John
Staff Sergent

Postby mike.griffin on Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:38 pm

That's very strange, I will look at this, I tested and mapped them all and they all worked, I will reverify.
mike.griffin
Site Admin

Postby rfcdejong on Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:44 pm

3 years no reply, damn :)

Anyway my current error, i will post it here first and maybe on another topic as well.

[System.InvalidOperationException] - The 'PervasiveOLEDB.8.60' provider is not registered on the local machine.

Using the PSQL summit for v10 gives a simular problem

[System.InvalidOperationException] - The 'Pervasive.Data.SqlClient' provider is not registered on the local machine.

How do i register those dll on my local machine?
Placing the dll in the same directory as MyGeneration doesn't fix
rfcdejong
Lurker

Postby mike.griffin on Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:20 am

MyGeneration has been released as open source, it's just not really being maintained now, Justin and I put years into this product and it was great fun, but we just cannot continue to do so any longer.
mike.griffin
Site Admin

Postby rfcdejong on Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:46 am

I got it working, simply by using regsvr32..

Im using MyGeneration to generate classes by the opf3 template, sadly the opf3 wizzard doesn't work (getting unknown exceptions etc..)

But MyGeneration works :)
rfcdejong
Lurker

Previous

Return to Enhancements