Projects and relative paths

Is there a feature you'd like us to add? Post it here.

Projects and relative paths

Postby randomfactor on Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:55 pm

We are using subversion for source code control. Different developers have different paths to their working folders, but we all need to re-use the same MyGeneration project files.

When I use a relative path in project file with the MyGeneration UI, it outputs the generated files relative to C:\\Program Files\\MyGeneration. Instead, I would MUCH prefer if MyGeneration would treat path specifications relative to the directory containing the MyGeneration project file.

By the way, this issue is not specific to subversion. Also, when using nant and zeus for the build, the relative paths are handled properly because nant sets the current directory.
randomfactor
Lurker

Postby sbc on Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:19 pm

I would also like it to work that way. As I have never needed that in the past it has never been an issue, but am wanting it to work like that now.

Thankfully there is an easy workaround. Create a batch file (e.g. GenerateCode.cmd) in the same directory as the project and add the following to it:
Code: Select all
\"C:\\Program Files\\MyGeneration\\zeuscmd\" -p MyProject.zprj

Then just run that rather than open up MyGeneration.

Also, I have a batch script that executes the SQL generated by dOOdads / EasyObjects stored procedure generators.

Code: Select all
osql -E -S (local)\\INSTANCENAME -d mydb -i MicrosoftSQL_ALL.SQL
sbc
Expert

Postby justin.greenwood on Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:44 pm

Thanks for your input - I will take it into account when finishing up v2
justin.greenwood
Site Admin

Return to Enhancements