Syntax Coloring Plug-in

Is there a feature you'd like us to add? Post it here.

Syntax Coloring Plug-in

Postby vboctor on Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:37 pm

I've developed a SyntaxColoring plug-in for MyGeneration. The plug-in exposes an intrinsic object with the name SyntaxColoring. This object exposes four methods:

Code: Select all
string CSharpToHtml(string code);
string VbNetToHtml(string code);
string JSharpToHtml(string code);
string TSqlToHtml(string code);

The implementation of this syntax coloring engine is based on the AylarSolutions.Highlight (Copyright (c) 2003 Aylar Solutions. All rights reserved).

The plug-in intrinsic object acts as the fascade for the syntax coloring functionality. The fact that it internally uses Aylar Solutions implementation is an implementation detail that may be changed in future versions.

The XML file for defining new languages is intentionally hidden for the time being. It will probably be exposed in future versions.

To download the zip file that contains the new plug-in, the readme file, the update XHTML Database Report template and the batch file that registers the intrinsic object, go to the following URL:

http://www.mygenerationsoftware.com/TemplateLibrary/File/?guid=23394c2f-8588-435f-a1a7-41fd7d371733

This is a pre-release version, so based on feedback received, some interface breaking changes may be applied.

Regards,
Victor
http://www.futureware.biz
vboctor
Corporal

Postby justin.greenwood on Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:34 pm

I have an NSIS script for building an installer for Intrinsic Objects plugins if you're interested. It registers the object in MyGeneration automatically and has an uninstall feature as well. If you're interested, email me at: justin.greenwood@mygenerationsoftware.com
justin.greenwood
Site Admin

Postby mike.griffin on Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:52 pm

I tried running it and thought there was an error but it's our bad, MyGeneration does't return SQL 2005 View or stored procedure text. To be honest, SQL 2005 has been very disappointing all the way around from a MyGeneration standpoint and just a basic consumer standpoint, they just blew it in my opinion. Anyway. We'll fix it in the next maintenance release, great work by the way, this is great stuff and you've really torn right into MyGeneration, it's great to see such energy, keep it up.
mike.griffin
Site Admin

Re:

Postby vboctor on Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:11 pm

justin.greenwood wrote:I have an NSIS script for building an installer for Intrinsic Objects plugins if you're interested. It registers the object in MyGeneration automatically and has an uninstall feature as well. If you're interested, email me at: justin.greenwood@mygenerationsoftware.com

I've sent you an email to request a copy of the script. However, I would like to know what is involved in getting the syntax coloring plug-in to be part of the MyGeneration distribution?

mike.griffin wrote:great work by the way, this is great stuff and you've really torn right into MyGeneration, it's great to see such energy, keep it up.

Thanks a lot Mike :)
vboctor
Corporal

Postby vboctor on Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:19 am

Hi Mike/Justin,

I've created an archive for the syntax coloring plug-in and included in it an updated XHTML template and a MSI setup for the plug-in.

The installation script was based on the DnpUtil NSIS script, so thanks to the author and thanks to Justin for sending it to me.

Regards,
Victor
http://www.futureware.biz
vboctor
Corporal

Postby dnparsons on Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:03 pm

The installation script was based on the DnpUtil NSIS script, so thanks to the author and thanks to Justin for sending it to me.

Justin wrote it and sent it to me as well. :)

BTW, very nice template and plugin. Thx for sharing.
http://www.mygenerationsoftware.com/TemplateLibrary/Archive/?guid=3fc7380a-5416-42fc-b65d-c45b56239d85
David Neal Parsons
EntitySpaces
dnparsons
Lieutenant General

Postby angelo on Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:56 pm

Nice one!

I've been thinking about generating some documentation next to the generated business entity classes for Gentle.NET - this syntax highlighting adds some nice options to that!

Angelo
Vision without action is a daydream, action without vision is a nightmare...
angelo
Major General

Return to Enhancements