Recompile with .net 2.0

Is there a feature you'd like us to add? Post it here.

Recompile with .net 2.0

Postby schallm on Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:05 am

Is there any chance that MyGeneration could be recompiled with .net 2.0. I would love to use the vs express 2005 to generate my ui. Is there a way to do this currently, or would you consider recompiling the code under .net 2.0.

If MyGeneration 2.0 is not out till middle of next year, it might be a nice middle step if it is something that is doable.

Thanks
Mike
schallm
Lurker

Re: Recompile with .net 2.0

Postby mike.griffin on Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:42 am

schallm wrote:I would love to use the vs express 2005 to generate my ui. Is there a way to do this currently, or would you consider recompiling the code under .net 2.0.

Help me to understand your request. Are you asking because you don't have .NET 1.1 on your machine? I'm not sure what bearing VS Express 2005 has on MyGeneration?
mike.griffin
Site Admin

Postby schallm on Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:07 pm

I would like to use vs express 2005 to create the interface for a set of templates. I really love the different options you have for creating the scripts. However the current editor is not as nice as vs 2005, especially as far as visual form layout and intellisense. It would be nice to write the ui using these features. Similar to the MyWinformUI.dll example. I didn't see an example for this, but I'm assuming you could also link the template code to a custom dll and do a lot of the work in express and reap the benifits of it's editor.

An out that you can fall back on is to tell me to use #develop or something similar that is free that targets the 1.1 framework. However, it would be nice to be able to use all the new features of 2.0. Especially if MyGeneration just needs to be imported and recompiled. It's never that easy I know.

Thanks for the reply.
Mike
schallm
Lurker

Return to Enhancements