SqlServerCE

Is there a feature you'd like us to add? Post it here.

SqlServerCE

Postby Andreas Roth on Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:00 am

I began some homebrewn projects with PocketPC and how I miss the ability to use MyGeneration on SqlServerCE. Since SQL Server 2005 the ADO.Net Namespace for SqlServerCE is available in the normal framework. So wouldn't support for this be a cool, additional feature?
-----------------------------------------
What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not make software 'releases'. Our software escapes, leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake!
Andreas Roth
Staff Sergent

Postby big_al on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:23 pm

Great suggestion!
big_al
Corporal

I need SQLServer CE for EntitySpaces generation

Postby geblack on Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:42 pm

Please add SQLServer CE to your list of supported providers for code generation.
geblack
Lurker

Postby justin.greenwood on Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:19 pm

Connecting to SqlServerCE to get meta-data from a non-CE applicaion was not possible in the past. The newer generation of drivers may, as you stated above, allow users to connect to a CE database from a win32 application. If that's the case, somebody can make a MyMeta plugin for it to add the support you desire. Mike had mentioned possibly doing that, but I have no plans on doing that in the near future. the advantage of the new plugin framework is that anyone can add MyMeta support for any database format they need.
Last edited by justin.greenwood on Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
justin.greenwood
Site Admin

Postby mike.griffin on Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:29 pm

I've been meaning to get to this. I will be creating a SQL CE MyMeta plugin, in fact, they have an OLEDB provider for SQL CE and that might already work with MyGeneration, I just gotta figure out where the driver is and register it, for some reason the installs for SQL CE doesn't seem to register the driver.
mike.griffin
Site Admin

Progress on Microsoft SQLCE?

Postby dancoo on Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:21 pm

Any progress on this? As I understand it, the full release of SQL Server Compact as a free database for Windows desktop will be happening on January 15th, and I have a project starting then that I'd really like to use MyGeneration for if possible.

NHibernate (which I would also like to use) has confirmed that it has a driver for SQL CE.

Thanks.
dancoo
Lurker

Return to Enhancements