4/7/2006 6:02:12 AM
8/28/2006 2:56:33 AM
usGDO stands for (ulrich schumacher's) Generated Data Objects.
The scripts generate partial C# classes for .Net 2.0, that already contain the code for persistence and retrieval.
These partial classes can be used as part of the business logic classes of an application.
It is easy to work with but on the other side it supports everything you need to build data layers for complex enterprise applications.
• easy to learn
• no further software prerequisitions
• no stored procedures needed
• generates partial C# classes to separate the generated code from the manual code
• constructors with all required (not null) fields
• support of Nullable Types
• easy insert und update with a Persist method
• automatic retrieval of new auto primary key values, non auto primary keys also supported
• Get, TryGet methods for retrieval by primary key
• supports queries in the database vendor’s SQL dialect
• returns a query result as a typed list
• version-based optimistic locking as concurrency strategy
• support of transactions
• generates serializable Data Transfer Objects (Xml, Soap, Binary)
• ready for multi-threading (each thread has its own connection/transaction)
Forum: Peer to Peer - Collaboration --> usGDO - Generated Data Objects (http://www.mygenerationsoftware.com/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=27)