4/18/2007 9:34:48 AM
6/26/2007 11:20:45 PM
MyMeta.Plugins.Xsd3b.dll (Version 0.2) is a providerplugin that allows you to use an xml file as dataprovider for mygeneration instead of an online sqldatabase.
xml file can either be a standard "*.xsd" -file that is used by microsofts "typed datasets" or the authors internal "*.xsd3b" xmlfile that has a much easier xml-structure
there is a csgen template that creates the xml/xsd/xsd3b from an existing database
download the ziped plugin binary from
unzip the files
Copy these files into the MyGeneration bin folder
copy these templates to the mygen-templates folder
Create an xml (*.xsd3b) fiile from a mygeneration datassource
* Select the Datassource in mygeneration where your data should come from
* Execute the ToXsd3b.csgen template. it is located in the template browser unter xml/ToXsd3b
Use an xml (*.xsd3b) fiile as mygeneration datasource
* (re-) start MyGeneration.exe
* open the "Default Settings" dialog by selecting the menuitem "Edit/Default Settings ..."
* make shure that the "Connection" tab is selected
* from the combobox "Driver:" select "Xsd3b"
* instead of a connectionstring enter the filename of a *.xsd or *.xsd3b file.
* press ok to accept the changes
* In the "MyMeta Browser" you can see the tables and fields of the *.xsd or *.xsd3b file.
I have tested MyMeta.Plugins.Xsd3b.dll and the templates with ms-access datasources since thats the only database i use at home
feel free to let me know, wether your successfully used it with other datasources as well.
MyMeta.Plugins.Xsd3b.dll (Version 0.2) is build against MyGeneration 22.214.171.124
The previos MyMeta.Plugins.Xsd3b.dll (Version 0.1) was build against MyGeneration 126.96.36.199 and does not work with MyGeneration 188.8.131.52
Currently storedeprocedure -results are not correctly mapped with mymeta.dll version 184.108.40.206
klaus (alias "3b")